MedVet Chicago is currently seeking a full time Veterinary Assistant to join our surgery department. Candidates for this position are responsible for assisting the neurologists and veterinary technicians in any and all treatments, procedures and diagnostics performed in the neurology department. The Veterinary Assistant also aides in the preparation of patients and operating rooms for MRI scans and surgeries.
This is not a typical Veterinary Assistant position and requires a high degree of responsibility and autonomy.
Along with a positive attitude and a high degree of energy, qualified candidates will be hard working, self-motivated, able to maintain harmonious relations with hospital staff, and have a sense of caring for animals, have the physical strength and stamina to lift approximately 50 pounds, walk dogs of up to 130 pounds, and work on feet all day.
• Previous experience in a Veterinary Assistant position
• High school diploma/GED/or equivalent
• General computer skills (Word, Excel, email). Cornerstone knowledge a plus.
• Able to work flexible schedule which will include evenings, weekends, holidays and overnight on-call shifts.
• Previous experience with surgical instrumentation is preferred but not required.
All candidates must complete an acceptable background check, including references and a pre-employment drug test.
Competitive compensation and full benefits package, including paid time off, health insurance, dental, vision, uniform allowance, 401K, and pet care discounts are available.