MedVet is currently seeking a Scheduling Coordinator to join our team in our New Orleans, LA hospital. We are seeking an individual that is team oriented; thrives in a fast paced environment; and is dedicated to practicing the highest quality of veterinary care. The position provides an opportunity to work with board certified specialists and the ability to learn about cutting-edge veterinary medicine.
About MedVet Medical & Cancer Centers for Pets:
Founded in 1988, MedVet is one of the largest veterinarian-owned and led multispecialty and emergency practices in the country. We have a relatively singular focus to be a leader in specialty healthcare for pets. Dedication to our mission, strategy and core values of Teamwork, Leadership and Compassion are the priorities of our organization. We pride ourselves on the exceptional experience we create for patients, clients, referral partners and employees, and, we value that ‘MedVet Experience’ above all else.
- Check and log voicemails.
- Answer and respond to all phone calls from clients, referral partners and Pharmacies, log all conversations.
- Answer incoming calls as back up to the switchboard coordinator.
- Schedule appointments for all departments.
- Call for referral information on new patient appointments.
- Coordinate and schedule all staff and doctor meetings.
- Check for faxes at the front desk and the communication center.
- Fill all non-controlled medications for patients.
- Call in all prescription refills.
- Organize papers in hard charts.
- File hard charts and loose papers.
- Fax referral letters.
- Fax prescription refill requests.
- Make copies if needed: Client handouts, cage sheet change forms.
- Call clients to remind of appointments & drop-offs for the next day.
- Monitor supplies and order as needed for the department.
- Clean and stock as needed.
- Ability to work successfully as part of a team and autonomously.
- Ability to remain composed in stressful situations.
- Flexibility with work hours and able to work additional hours when necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent client service skills and phone etiquette.
- Attention to detail.
- Sense of urgency.
- Critical thinking skills and ability to anticipate needs inter & intra-departmentally.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain composure dealing with difficult/emotional situations.
- General computer competency required including Microsoft word and excel.
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs.
- Customer service experience required.
- Previous experience in veterinary setting preferred.
Shift: The position is full time.
MedVet offers a competitive compensation and full benefits package, including paid time off, health insurance, dental, vision, uniform allowance and 401K.
All candidates must complete an acceptable background check, including references and a pre-employment drug test.