MedVet Medical & Cancer Centers for Pets is currently seeking a Shipping and Inventory Associate to join our team in our Dallas practices. We are seeking an individual that is team oriented and has excellent communication skills with fellow colleagues, clients and the referral community. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast paced environment. The recruited candidate will be responsible for receipt of all incoming materials, internal delivery of materials and general cleanliness of the facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Creates and submit orders to purchasing based on pre-determine par levels and order frequency
- Complete local purchases as needed
- Works collaboratively with clinical managers and leadership teams across sites to determine weekly orders for consistent and on time for processing.
- Responsible for daily tracking and communication of blood products and needs with appropriate staff.
- Receives shipments, match them to purchase order, and receive inventory in our hospital management system
- Deliver inventory to proper departments and stock locations while keeping proper inventory rotation and cleanliness
- Communicate shipment issues on a timely manner to purchasing for proper and timely resolution
- Send paperwork to appropriate location for vendor payment
- Complete transactions in hospital management system for inventory used in house, expired drugs, and returns to vendor as needed
- Complete daily cycle counts as requested to maintain inventory integrity
- Comply with regulatory agencies requirements. This includes but is not limited to DEA, SBOP, FDA, OSHA, etc.
- Complete weekly calibration of in house laboratory equipment per procedure
- Assists on coordinating transport needs between hospitals as requested, and be a back up driver if necessary
- Submits facilities requests as necessary for the proper maintenance of the hospital and/or completion of requests
- Complete projects assigned of low to medium complexity to improve processes
- HS diploma required.
- Three or more years working in a warehouse environment.
- Work successfully as a team member and autonomously
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast pace environment
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Ability to be detailed oriented, quality focused and self-motivated
- Demonstrates sense of urgency
- Ability to work standing for long periods of time with frequent stooping or bending
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Flexibility with work hours and able to work additional hours when necessary
- Must be competent utilizing Microsoft Office programs. Ability to learn industry-specific program
- Travel required
Shift: Monday through Friday 8am-430pm. This position will support our four Dallas practices.
ADDITIONAL COMPANY INFORMATION
This is a full time position with a benefits package including medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, PTO, 401(k) and pet care discounts. EOE: We are committed to diversity. MedVet is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All candidates must complete an acceptable background check, including references and a pre-employment drug test.