MedVet is currently seeking a Vice President of Marketing to join our team in our Columbus,Ohio hospital. The Marketing leader will work and interface daily with hospital and support services leadership teams. This individual will have the experience to scale and grow the Marketing team as a key component of the Experience Team.
The Vice President of Marketing must have excellent skills and deep expertise in all aspects of marketing, digital strategy, writing and leadership. This is both a thought and active leadership role, meaning a roll-up-your-sleeves and get the work done as well as a lift up your head and see the optimum path forward. The Vice President of Marketing will be responsible for all activities related to conceptualizing and implementing marketing strategy to strengthen MedVet’s brand, support the delivery of an optimal MedVet experience, and achieve marketing targets. Additionally, this individual will provide analyses and recommendations to support the continued growth of the organization.
About MedVet Medical & Cancer Centers for Pets:
Founded in 1988, MedVet is one of the largest veterinarian-owned and led multispecialty and emergency practices in the country. We have a relatively singular focus to be a leader in specialty healthcare for pets. Dedication to our mission, strategy and core values of Teamwork, Leadership and Compassion are the priorities of our organization. We pride ourselves on the exceptional experience we create for patients, clients, referral partners and employees, and, we value that ‘MedVet Experience’ above all else.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Directly manage the marketing and advertising teams including external partners; recruit, train, supervise, support and develop Marketing team
- Define and implement marketing strategy to align with the overall MedVet mission, values and strategy; ensure consideration of key audiences (e.g., employees, clients, referral partners, investors, community, and students) and channels for messaging (e.g., digital, print, social media, events, intranet,); development of metrics to measure success of marketing programs
- Lead and oversee multiple facets of marketing initiatives: marketing strategic planning, digital strategies, social media, brand management, industry events, B2B and B2C marketing
- Define and drive digital strategies to strengthen MedVet brand and enable delivery of optimal MedVet Experience
- Ensure articulation and consistency of desired brand image and position across all stakeholder groups (internal and external)
- Responsible for the editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all marketing materials
- Build strong, highly collaborative relationships
- Work cross-functionally with other leaders and teams to ensure holistic execution of brand strategy and the MedVet Experience
- Leverage data and analytics to drive insights; develop and implement metrics to measure results of marketing strategies
- Ensure marketing strategies are aligned with, and supportive of, overall business plan. This will require working with and influencing key functional partners in the development and execution of marketing and brand enhancement strategies.
- Direct and participate in the development, writing and editing of marketing materials,
- Manage marketing budget allowing us to control costs and ensure expenditures are value-added
- Thorough knowledge of marketing principles, brand, product and service management; preferably in the veterinary or healthcare environment
- Digital marketing and social media expertise
- Understanding of metrics and ROI techniques for measuring marketing effectiveness
- Superb analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a team
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Deep understanding of changing market dynamics
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- At least 10 years of progressive experience in both B2C and B2B marketing
- Degree in marketing, or related field required; advanced degree strongly preferred
Position reports to:
This position reports to the Chief Experience Officer
This position has oversight for the entire Marketing team (7 team members). There are two direct reports:
- Director of Marketing
- Director of Outreach
Location and travel:
This position is located in Columbus, Ohio at our headquarters. Travel up to 20 percent is anticipated.
MedVet offers a competitive compensation and full benefits package, including paid time off, health insurance, dental, vision, uniform allowance and 401K.
All candidates must complete an acceptable background check, including references and a pre-employment drug test.