MedVet Medical & Cancer Centers for Pets is currently seeking a Purchasing Agent to join our Operations team. The Operations Purchasing team is accountable for the design and execution of demand and supply planning, forecasting, product deployment and expediting processes; and the development and implementation of a stocking optimization model to minimize costs and inventory while delivering on service requirements.
About MedVet Medical & Cancer Centers for Pets:
Founded in 1988, MedVet is one of the largest veterinarian-owned multispecialty and emergency practices in the country. Three of MedVet’s Ohio medical centers (Columbus, Cincinnati & Dayton) were the first AAHA Accredited Specialty Referral hospitals in the state of Ohio. MedVet Columbus was named the AAHA Accredited Referral Practice of the Year for 2014. MedVet Cincinnati was named the AAHA Accredited Referral Practice of the year for 2016.
The MedVet team provides expert specialized care in areas including anesthesiology, cardiology, dermatology, emergency and critical care, integrative medicine, internal medicine, interventional radiology, medical oncology, neurology, ophthalmology, radiation oncology, radiology, rehabilitative services, and surgical services.
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- Works on projects of moderate scope and complexity
- Identifies possible solutions to a variety of technical problems and takes actions to resolve.
- Applies judgment within defined parameters
- Receives general guidance; may receive more detailed instruction on new projects.
- Work reviewed for sound reasoning and accuracy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Works collaboratively with admin leadership team on hospital capital equipment needs; including product research and vendor set up.
- Researching and updating cost changes daily.
- Set up par levels for pharmacy and supplies in the hospital management system and update as needed.
- Set up and maintain items and vendors in hospital management system.
- Responsible for recognizing, fixing and reporting potential inventory discrepancies resulting from cycle counts.
- Must understand inventory and its workflow through the hospitals; understand how to trouble shoot and correct errors in the hospital management system.
- Advanced Excel and database skills.
- Comply with regulatory agencies requirements. This includes but is not limited to DEA, SBOP, FDA, OSHA, etc.
- Set up and discontinue items in the hospital management system.
- Provide on call support for team members.
- Perform completion of tasks as delegated.
- Participate in meetings and functions as a team member.
- Execute on process improvements to achieve goals on productivity and efficiency metrics, while reducing and potentially eliminating process errors or defects.
- This position may require up to 20% travel to other MedVet sites.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Customer Service: Manages difficult and emotional staff, referral partner and client situations.
- Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities. Contributes to building a positive team spirit and highly functional team.
- Ethics: Treats people with respect. Works with integrity and ethically.
- Organizational Support: Complies with and enforces MedVet policies and procedures.
- Professionalism: Reacts well under pressure.
- Safety and Security: Observes safety and security procedures.
- Adaptability: Deals with frequent change, delays and unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality: Is consistently at work and on time. Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings/appointments on time.
- Dependability: Follows instructions: responds to management requests.
- Initiative: Asks for and offers help when needed. Seeks increased responsibilities.
- Design: Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Responds well to questions. Participates in meetings.
- Interpersonal Skills: Displays a willingness to make decisions.
- Judgment: Displays a willingness to make decisions.
- Innovation: Generates suggestions for improving work. Effectively creates and facilitates change.
- Delegation: Delegates work assignments.
Skills & Qualifications
Must be competent utilizing Microsoft Office programs including MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
Ability to learn industry-specific program.
Job Type: Full-time
MedVet offers a competitive compensation and full benefits package, including paid time off, health insurance, dental, vision, uniform allowance and 401K.
All candidates must complete an acceptable background check, including references and a pre-employment drug test.