The Real Estate Director will provide real estate guidance, deal structuring, real estate transaction services, team management and project oversight to the hospitals. The position will focus on the successful management of MedVet’s real estate transactions and projects as well as direct the maintenance of facilities. The incumbent will nurture relationships while leading planning, budgeting, and execution of day-to-day activities as well as strategic projects and initiatives.
About MedVet Medical & Cancer Centers for Pets:
Founded in 1988, MedVet is one of the largest veterinarian-owned and led multispecialty and emergency practices in the country. We have a relatively singular focus to be a leader in specialty healthcare for pets. Dedication to our mission, strategy and core values of Teamwork, Leadership and Compassion are the priorities of our organization. We pride ourselves on the exceptional experience we create for patients, clients, referral partners and employees, and, we value that ‘MedVet Experience’ above all else.
- Provide guidance to business development team, finance team and COO on strategic real estate decisions and transactions
- Explore, budget, price, negotiate, and managing expansion projects in current and new locations including site review and acquisition, strategic short and long term planning, due diligence, LOI negotiations, etc.
- Work with legal on contract negotiations, preparation, and finalization.
- Facilitate Real Estate Strategy meetings.
- Work with clinical leadership and recommend best locations in a given market based on demographic and MedVet data.
- Work closely with clinical and administrative teams and architects to determine size and design of hospitals and plan renovations and new facilities.
- Serve as Owner’s Representative for construction and renovation projects.
- Track progress and contract compliance
- Work with finance team, lenders, and vendors to plan, track and report spending.
- Oversee projects from design through completion of construction and close out by developing scope, schedule, and budget for new construction, tenant improvement and relocation projects
- Prepare, issue and evaluate RFPs for professional services, contractors and vendors, and recommend award of contracts
- Involve IT and appropriate departments and/or third parties to achieve overall project objectives.
- Track and report project key performance indicators.
- Plan and direct the work of the Facilities & Maintenance team to ensure that company and department goals and objectives are met.
- Maintain high standards of quality, efficiency, and morale in the department.
- Coordinate projects and processes, and delegate work as appropriate.
- Identify needs and coordinate and/or conduct employee training.
- Manage direct reports’ performance.
- Select and onboard new staff
- Minimize investment and annual cost for new hospitals, expansions and renovations.
- Participate in development and administration of the annual expense and capital budgets.
- Research and negotiate economic incentives and track compliance.
- Serve as primary contact for inquiries regarding information on real estate properties and projects.
- Stay well versed on real estate market dynamics.
Position reports to:
Chief Operations Officer
Job Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong real estate industry background; 10+ years industry experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management or related field and/or commensurate experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively and facilitate effective collaboration with internal and external audiences
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong sense of culture and ability to influence behavior and drive change management
- Ability to coach, train and provide feedback
- Strong project management skills and process excellence; lean six sigma or similar process improvement certification strongly preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project or other construction project management software, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- AutoCAD experience is a plus.
- Travel 25%
MedVet offers a competitive compensation and full benefits package, including paid time off, health insurance, dental, vision, uniform allowance and 401K.
All candidates must complete an acceptable background check, including references and a pre-employment drug test.