MedVet Medical & Cancer Centers for Pets is currently seeking a Help Desk Support Tier 1 to join our team in Cincinnati, OH practice. The HelpDesk Support Level 1 individual will work as part of a team to provide user support and basic training on IT devices. Individual will troubleshoot, research, resolve and document technology issues and problems as reported by doctors, technicians and staff. The HelpDesk Support Level 1 individual will be based out of the Cincinnati facility and will support Dayton and Lexington KY with occasional travel to other MedVet locations. Individual will need to participate in our on-call service where they will be available 24x7 for a full week about 8 weeks a year.
About MedVet Medical & Cancer Centers for Pets:
Founded in 1988, MedVet is one of the largest veterinarian-owned multispecialty and emergency practices in the country. Three of MedVet’s Ohio medical centers (Columbus, Cincinnati & Dayton) were the first AAHA Accredited Specialty Referral hospitals in the state of Ohio. MedVet Columbus was named the AAHA Accredited Referral Practice of the Year for 2014.The MedVet team provides expert specialized care in areas including anesthesiology, cardiology, dermatology, emergency and critical care, integrative medicine, internal medicine, interventional radiology, medical oncology, neurology, ophthalmology, radiation oncology, radiology, rehabilitative services, and surgical services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support end-user desktops, laptops and other devices. This includes software installation, configuration and maintenance. It also includes minor hardware replacement and installation.
- Assist doctors, technicians and staff with all IT problems and issues.
- Provide basic IT training, orientation and coaching to new and existing employees.
- Assist Network team to troubleshoot and resolve network issues as necessary.
- Record, document and follow up on trouble tickets and resolutions in MedVet’s ticketing system.
- Assist in other initiatives as necessary.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a HelpDesk technical support role.
- Proven experience with desktop support running Microsoft Windows 7 or newer and Microsoft Office.
- Proven experience installing, configuring and supporting software applications.
- Ability to research technical issues and find best fit resolutions.
- Experience with supporting Apple computers and devices.
Competencies: To perform this job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following competencies:
- Self-Starter: Eager to help and seeks opportunities to help.
- Problem Solving: Identifies, troubleshoots, escalates and resolves problems in a timely manner. Persists at troubleshooting and research until problem is resolved.
- Excellent Oral & Written Communication Skills: Speaks and writes clearly and with a purpose. Able to communicate technical topics to non-technical employees. Responds well to questions.
- Customer Service: Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal customers; establishes and maintains effective relationships and builds trust and respect; keen attention to detail.
- Listening: Practices attentive and active listening; has patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
- Interpersonal Skills: Relates well to all kinds of people inside MedVet; builds appropriate rapport and constructive, effective relationships; positive attitude.
- Ethics: Treats people with respect. Works with integrity and ethically.
- Safety and Security: Observes safety and security procedures.
- Attendance/Punctuality: Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability: Follows instructions; ability to prioritize and perform responsibilities in a pressure environment; responds to management requests.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Must have a professional demeanor.
- Desire and ability to work around animals (no allergies).
- 10% travel is possible.
- 8 weeks of 24x7 on-call support.
Required experience: Experience in a HelpDesk Technical Support Role: 2 years
MedVet offers a competitive compensation and full benefits package, including paid time off, health insurance, dental, vision, uniform allowance and 401K.
All candidates must complete an acceptable background check, including references and a pre-employment drug test.