MedVet Medical & Cancer Centers for Pets is currently seeking a Recruiter to join our team in our Columbus, Ohio practice. Use your energy and drive to help us hire the best and the brightest for our company. The clinical, operations, and business teams staffing our network of medical centers are deeply committed to MedVet’s mission of Leading Specialty Healthcare for Pets. MedVet offers competitive salaries, great benefits, and a great work environment.
The Recruiter will partner with clinical teams and managers to anticipate and meet the evolving needs of the practices and to deliver the best talent to the organization. The position will nurture relationships with prospective talent and manage on-going relationships within the organization. We are a true contributor to the growth of the company and we provide the talent that makes MedVet successful.
About MedVet Medical & Cancer Centers for Pets:
Founded in 1988, MedVet is one of the largest veterinarian-owned and led multispecialty and emergency practices in the country. We have a relatively singular focus to be a leader in specialty healthcare for pets. Dedication to our mission, strategy and core values of Teamwork, Leadership and Compassion are the priorities of our organization. We pride ourselves on the exceptional experience we create for patients, clients, referral partners and employees, and, we value that ‘MedVet Experience’ above all else.
Duties And Responsibilites
- Develop and implement initiatives for recruiting talent in a multi-state organization, including sourcing and evaluating candidates, obtaining and conducting references, and facilitating a positive candidate experience.
- Determine and implement recruiting best practices.
- Manage full cycle recruiting process to meet the various staffing goals across all levels within multiple practices.
- Create and implement employment marketing strategies to attract passive job seekers.
- Work with hiring managers and interview teams to ensure job requirements and expectations are clearly understood and candidates are assessed against appropriate criteria.
- Develop strong relationships and partner with clinical teams, business leaders and HR.
- Work closely with hiring managers to maximize effectiveness of recruiting process.
- Track and report key metrics designed to measure and predict staffing activity.
- Regular follow up with the respective hiring managers and candidates to ensure timeliness of recruitment process.
- Actively participate in all staffing related activities and engage in cross functional projects.
- Other HR related duties as assigned by the Director of Talent Acquisition.
Job Qualifications and Skills
- Three plus years of Staffing/Recruitment or related experience, strong understanding and ability to recruit in all levels of the organization.
- Two year degree from a recognized college or university or relevant experience, four year degree a plus.
- Excellent inter-personal skills, communication skills and team based project experience.
- Clear understanding of the end to end recruitment lifecycle processes.
- Must have experience on mapping and sourcing resumes from all sources.
- Proficient computer skills including the Microsoft Office and in depth knowledge of data mining and internet research.
- Experience in general HR functions is preferred.
- Experience in the veterinary field a plus.
This is a full time position with a benefits package including medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, PTO, 401(k) and pet care discounts.
All candidates must complete an acceptable background check, including references and a pre-employment drug test.