MedVet is currently seeking an Accounts Receivable/Payable Accountant to join our team in our Columbus hospital. Responsible for handling client billing and collection issues for all locations. This includes some “soft collections” and understanding of collection laws. This client focused individual will provide excellence in both internal and external financial assistance and services.
About MedVet Medical & Cancer Centers for Pets:
Founded in 1988, MedVet is one of the largest veterinarian-owned and led multispecialty and emergency practices in the country. We have a relatively singular focus to be a leader in specialty healthcare for pets. Dedication to our mission, strategy and core values of Teamwork, Leadership and Compassion are the priorities of our organization. We pride ourselves on the exceptional experience we create for patients, clients, referral partners and employees, and, we value that ‘MedVet Experience’ above all else.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Answer the department ring group for both internal and external clients who are making payments, have questions, require adjustments or need research concerning their account.
- Answer the department email group for both internal and external clients who are making payments, have questions, require adjustments or need research concerning their account.
- Post discounts, payments, or billing adjustments on a daily basis for both internal and external clients.
- Collaborate with clinical managers and client relations on both internal and external client needs.
- Work with and call Care Credit to handle any outstanding client needs or bundling requests.
- Run reports on outstanding balances and escalate collection activity as needed which may include certified letters, past due phone calls, and/or referral to collection agencies.
- Follow up on payment agreements.
- Prepare Excel spreadsheets to report various department activities. These reports will include allocations and may include working with pivot tables.
- Work with Collection Agency and follow up on any collection issues.
- Work with TeleCheck on any returned check issues.
- Change client ID’s, classifications, prompts as needed.
- Prepare for month end by reviewing the accounts receivable for accuracy and fixing any inaccuracies by statement date.
- Prepare and mail client statements on a monthly basis.
- Meet multiple monthly deadlines for various department activities.
- Perform other duties as requested.
All Receivables Accountants will back up each other not limited to the following:
- Contribute as a cross-functional team member assisting with accounts payable as needed.
- Education and/or Experience: An associate’s degree in Accounting or Business is a plus, as well as 2-5 years of accounts receivable experience is required.
- Computer Skills: Must be competent utilizing Microsoft Office programs including MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. Must have thorough knowledge of Excel and be able to work with complicated formulas. Working knowledge of QuickBooks needed.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Must have a professional demeanor, problem-solving ability; possess good communication and writing skills. Must be very analytical, organized and be detail oriented.
Shift: The position is full time, first shift.
MedVet offers a competitive compensation and full benefits package, including paid time off, health insurance, dental, vision, uniform allowance and 401K.
All candidates must complete an acceptable background check, including references and a pre-employment drug test.