MedVet Medical & Cancer Centers for Pets is searching for an Operations Technician to join our Cincinnati hospital. The operations technician is a responsible from the day to day operations tasks to ensure proper ordering, receiving, rotation, and accountability of the hospital inventory, and function as the hospital point of contact for the operations team.
About MedVet Medical & Cancer Centers for Pets:
Founded in 1988, MedVet is one of the largest veterinarian-owned and led multispecialty and emergency practices in the country. We have a relatively singular focus to be a leader in specialty healthcare for pets. Dedication to our mission, strategy and core values of Teamwork, Leadership and Compassion are the priorities of our organization. We pride ourselves on the exceptional experience we create for patients, clients, referral partners and employees, and, we value that ‘MedVet Experience’ above all else.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Creates and submit orders to purchasing based on pre-determine par levels and order frequency
- Complete local purchases as needed
- Works collaboratively with clinical managers and leadership teams across sites to determine weekly orders for consistent and on time for processing.
- Responsible for daily tracking and communication of blood products and needs with appropriate staff.
- Receives shipments, match them to purchase order, and receive inventory in our hospital management system
- Deliver inventory to proper departments and stock locations while keeping proper inventory rotation and cleanliness
- Communicate shipment issues on a timely manner to purchasing for proper and timely resolution
- Send paperwork to appropriate location for vendor payment
- Complete transactions in hospital management system for inventory used in house, expired drugs, and returns to vendor as needed
- Complete daily cycle counts as requested to maintain inventory integrity
- Comply with regulatory agencies requirements. This includes but is not limited to DEA, SBOP, FDA, OSHA, etc.
- Complete weekly calibration of in house laboratory equipment per procedure
- Assists on coordinating transport needs between hospitals as requested, and be a back up driver if necessary
- Submits facilities requests as necessary for the proper maintenance of the hospital and/or completion of requests
- Complete projects assigned of low to medium complexity to improve processes
- HS diploma required.
- Three or more years working in a warehouse environment.
- Work successfully as a team member and autonomously
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast pace environment
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Ability to be detailed oriented, quality focused and self-motivated
- Demonstrates sense of urgency
- Ability to work standing for long periods of time with frequent stooping or bending
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Flexibility with work hours and able to work additional hours when necessary
- Must be competent utilizing Microsoft Office programs. Ability to learn industry-specific program.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Customer Service: Clearly understands our external and internal clients and able to help them as needed.
- Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities. Contributes to building a positive team spirit and highly functional team.
- Ethics: Treats people with respect. Works with integrity and ethically.
- Organizational Support: Complies with and enforces MedVet policies and procedures.
- Professionalism: Reacts well under pressure.
- Safety and Security: Observes safety and security procedures.
- Adaptability: Deals with frequent change, delays and unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality: Is consistently at work and on time. Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Dependability: Follows instructions: responds to management requests.
- Initiative: Asks for and offers help when needed. Seeks increased responsibilities.
- Design: Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Responds well to questions. Participates in meetings.
- Innovation: Generates suggestions for improving work.
Desire to work with and around animals and be an effective team player.
Shift: The position is full time. Weekends, on-call and holidays based on needs of the department.
MedVet offers a competitive compensation and full benefits package, including paid time off, health insurance, dental, vision, uniform allowance and 401K.
All candidates must complete an acceptable background check, including references and a pre-employment drug test.