MedVet is currently seeking a Regional Operations Manager to join our team in our Dallas hospital. This position will focus on the day to day operations management of hospitals in assigned region. The position will nurture relationships, serve as a liaison between clinical and support services, train, and develop staff. This role will work closely with all clinical and support services with the goal to standardize operations process to support our mission of Leading Specialty Healthcare for Pets.
About MedVet Medical & Cancer Centers for Pets:
Founded in 1988, MedVet is one of the largest veterinarian-owned and led multispecialty and emergency practices in the country. We have a relatively singular focus to be a leader in specialty healthcare for pets. Dedication to our mission, strategy and core values of Teamwork, Leadership and Compassion are the priorities of our organization. We pride ourselves on the exceptional experience we create for patients, clients, referral partners and employees, and, we value that ‘MedVet Experience’ above all else.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Hospital Director to prioritize each hospital requests to drive a high level of satisfaction among our clinical team.
- Responsible for Operations Management in assigned hospitals.
- Operations Management includes by is not limited by:
- Inventory management of pharmaceuticals, controlled drugs, supplies, and equipment
- Ensure receiving process are standard, accurate, and in support of finance requirements.
- Work with each hospital to reduce amount of expired drugs as well as inventory variances.
- Ensure quick turn around on equipment repairs that impact patient care.
- Work closely with centralized purchasing team in Worthington on data analysis to improve operations metrics.
- Work closely with Facilities Manager and Regional Facilities Technician on the upkeep and security of MedVet hospitals.
- Function as point of contact on building or operations projects in assigned region.
- Train/coach staff to ensure consistent practices and processes within hospitals—drive consistency in practice and culture across locations
- Identify and implement opportunities for process improvement
- Share best practices across locations
- Other tasks may be assigned.
Job Qualifications and Skills:
- 5 or more years’ experience in Operations Management
- Clinical background and knowledge of the veterinary industry preferred.
- B.S. Degree in management or related field and/or commensurate experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively and facilitate effective collaboration
- Strong sense of culture and ability to influence behavior and drive change management
- Ability to coach, train and provide feedback
- Strong project-management skills and process excellence; lean six sigma strongly preferred
- Ability to complete day travel to hospitals in assigned region up to 50% of the time. Some overnight may be required.
Shift: The position is full time, first shift. Weekends, on-call and holidays based on needs of the department.
MedVet offers a competitive compensation and full benefits package, including paid time off, health insurance, dental, vision, uniform allowance and 401K.
All candidates must complete an acceptable background check, including references and a pre-employment drug test.