Use your energy and drive to help us hire the best and the brightest for our company. The clinical, operations, and business teams staffing our network of medical centers are deeply committed to MedVet’s mission of Leading Specialty Healthcare for Pets. MedVet offers competitive salaries, great benefits, and a great work environment.
The Specialist will build and execute targeted sourcing plans for critical openings and pipelines, as well as executing selected recruitment assignments as needed. The primary focus of this position is to create and maintain relationships with high performing, active/passive talent through various media and non-media tools and avenues. This person will aid in the responsibility of achieving staffing objectives, by creatively sourcing and evaluating candidates in line with MedVet’s core values.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and executes sourcing strategies in support of the recruitment team to generate candidate flow to meet overall talent acquisition goals as well as pipelines for upcoming searches.
- Conducts extensive sourcing of passive candidates through research, relationship building, complex internet searches, and talent pool database searching.
- Identifies opportunities for recruitment including, but not limited to, developing relationships with key veterinary schools, training programs, technician schools.
- Develops and executes strategy for national and local veterinary conferences, job fairs and other recruiting-related events.
- Documents and catalogs potential candidates for open searches and proactively builds pipelines of talent for future needs through cold-calling/e-mailing, professional networking, resume mining, social media, etc.
- Provides ongoing feedback to recruiters on talent trends and collaborate on optimum approaches to strengthen candidate pool.
- Monitors trends and developments in sourcing tools and technologies and utilizes social media for sourcing and other marketing forums to drive traffic to our open opportunities
- Posts/manages postings on various job boards, social media, etc.
- Assists with TA department projects as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience. DVM degree a plus.
- 2+ years staffing/recruitment experience required with a strong emphasis on passive candidate sourcing methodologies.
- Advanced research and sourcing skills preferred, with minimal reliance on job postings – including the use of Boolean search techniques, extensive networking, LinkedIn, user group lists, industry-specific online professional networks, forums and social media.
- Highly adept at proactive methods/processes for finding and attracting passive talent for crucial openings and talent pools.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and applicant tracking systems.
ADDITIONAL COMPANY INFORMATION
This is a full time position with a benefits package including medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, PTO, 401(k) and pet care discounts.
We are committed to diversity. MedVet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All candidates must complete an acceptable background check, including references and a pre-employment drug test.