The HR Partner position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management for our Chicago, Indianapolis and Commerce,MI practices. The HR Partner serves as a consultant to Hospital Directors and Regional Medical Directors (RMDs) on human resources-related issues. The successful HR Partner will act as an employee champion and change agent. The HR Partner assesses and anticipates HR-related needs. The HR Partner seeks to develop integrated solutions by communicating proactively with our HR Department and management. The HR Partner formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to Hospital Directors and employees that reflect the objectives of the organization.
About MedVet Medical & Cancer Centers for Pets:
Founded in 1988, MedVet is one of the largest veterinarian-owned and led multispecialty and emergency practices in the country. We have a relatively singular focus to be a leader in specialty healthcare for pets. Dedication to our mission, strategy and core values of Teamwork, Leadership and Compassion are the priorities of our organization. We pride ourselves on the exceptional experience we create for patients, clients, referral partners and employees, and, we value that MedVet Experience’ above all else.
Main Responsibilities of HR Partner
- Acts as a single point-of-contact for the Hospital Directors and Clinical Managers at respective locations.
- Proactively supports the delivery of HR processes with the assistance of the Hospital Directors.
- Manages complex HR Projects cross-functionally.
- Builds a strong relationship with the Hospital Directors.
- Actively identifies gaps, proposes and implement changes necessary to cover risks.
- Assists in recruitment.
- Designs succession plans for key talents and key job positions.
- Conducts weekly meetings with Hospital Directors.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies across locations.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues.
- Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to Hospital Directors and Clinical Managers (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Identifies training/development needs for business units and individual coaching needs.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years’ experience resolving complex employee relations issues.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP Certification preferred.
- This position is located in Chicago, IL but travel to Indianapolis, IN, and Commerce, MI will be required on a regular basis. Some overnight travel will be required.
MedVet offers a competitive compensation and full benefits package, including paid time off, health insurance, dental, vision, uniform allowance and 401K.
All candidates must complete an acceptable background check, including references and a pre-employment drug test.