MedVet is currently seeking a Director of Healthcare Integration to join our team in our Columbus hospital.
About MedVet Medical & Cancer Centers for Pets:
Founded in 1988, MedVet is one of the largest veterinarian-owned and led multispecialty and emergency practices in the country. We have a relatively singular focus to be a leader in specialty healthcare for pets. Dedication to our mission, strategy and core values of Teamwork, Leadership and Compassion are the priorities of our organization. We pride ourselves on the exceptional experience we create for patients, clients, referral partners and employees, and, we value that ‘MedVet Experience’ above all else.
- Lead the Healthcare Integration Team (HCI)
- Collaborate with the Integration Project Manager, Integration Relationship Director, and Director of Medical Operations to develop the integration process into a core competency.
- Collaborate with the MedVet Integration Team (MIT) to integrate new hospitals.
- Lead the Healthcare Integration team in communicating and instilling in the joining hospital the values and framework/approach to delivery of the MedVet Experience.
- Lead Medical Services Integration
- Ensure that the Medical Services Check List for each new hospital is current and that checklists are being completed within the designated timeframe
- Ensure that the HCI Team and MIT are working collaboratively to identify opportunities for improvement and problem-solve in a timely manner.
- Responsible for providing status updates to the HCI Team and MIT and to determine what resources need to be provided for checklist completion.
- Responsible for determining timeline for Medical Services Integration completion for each hospital being integrated.
- Foster a Culture that supports development of Engaged and Empowered Employees in MedVet’s new acquisitions.
- MedVet doctors and staff should be empowered to Deliver the MedVet Experience in a Healthy and Sustainable manner while living our core values of Teamwork, Leadership, and Compassion.
- Provide an onsite presence to initially provide, identify and develop ER Dept medical leadership in new acquisitions.
- Work with RMD/MD to assure new ER acquisitions have/develop collaborative relationships with all Specialty services.
- Initiate and Participate in Continuous Quality Improvement for the MedVet Integration Team.
- Drive development and sharing of best processes.
- Collaborate with Director of Operations to ensure medical operational excellence across newly acquired hospitals.
- Collaborate with HCI Team and VP of Emergency Services to share best practices from newly acquired hospitals.
- Doctor Recruitment and Support for hospitals during integration:
- Facilitate newly acquired hospital leadership to collaborate with Talent Acquisition for recruitment and on-boarding of Specialty and ER doctors.
- With local leadership and VP of Emergency Services, assist ER Dept. Head and HR to address any performance or communication issues including development of performance improvement plans.
- Capital Expenditure Planning:
- Collaborate with RMD/MD/HD to ensure needed Capital Expenditures are budgeted, approved and executed through purchasing.
- Referral Partner relations:
- Foster a culture supportive of a positive referral partner experience within newly acquired hospitals.
- Support Patient Care Problems/Client Complaint/Referral Partner Problems Resolution:
- Collaborate with local leadership and ER Dept head to help resolve problems that arise with clients/referral partners and patient care during integration.
Job Qualifications and Skills:
- DVM degree (Required). Emergency and/or Specialty Experience Preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of veterinary experience
- Working knowledge/familiarity with staff duties, functions and responsibilities of Veterinary Hospitals (Required)
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written) to peer and leadership levels (Required)
- Ability to coach, train, receive and provide feedback (Required)
- Working knowledge/familiarity with duties, functions and responsibilities of a Medical Director in a Veterinary Hospitals (Desired)
- Working knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office software (Desired)
- Experience with project management.
Position Reports To: The Director of Healthcare Integration will report to the Vice President of Emergency Services.
- Integration Travel: Director of Healthcare Integration is required to be on site for a majority of the integration and for key integration milestones (Day 1 Go Live, Conversions, etc.). When feasible, MedVet may offer a flexible work/travel schedule. (Approximately 50% to 70%).
- Non-Integration Travel: While some work can be performed remotely during non-integration periods, travel to Columbus and other locations may be required (Approximately 60%)
MedVet offers a competitive compensation and full benefits package, including paid time off, health insurance, dental, vision, uniform allowance and 401K.
All candidates must complete an acceptable background check, including references and a pre-employment drug test.