MedVet Medical & Cancer Centers for Pets is searching for a Regional Marketing Coordinator to join our team in Columbus.The Coordinator is responsible for implementing marketing and public relations strategies at the local level. The regional title in this position implies oversight of a “region” of which composition may be modified over time. This position requires a multifaceted individual with proven marketing experience, effective interpersonal skills, project management and planning capabilities, along with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Implementation of marketing and branding strategies
- Content generation and execution of tactics supporting local marketing and communications needs
- Management of all local marketing/PR activities, programs and communications
- Building relationships with local media and community partners to ensure the most effective messaging, positioning and visibility of the organization
- Expansion of local community awareness and program offerings
- Act as a brand steward for MedVet
- Continuously seek new opportunities to strengthen brand awareness and build industry-related relationships within community
- Routinely contribute local content to Online Content Manager and support online content manager with reputation management.
- Serve as the regional point for development of social media by driving content creation and submission under the supervision of the Online Content Manager
- Lead and manage the development and implementation of continuing education and outreach programming efforts
- Develop and fulfill all marketing materials requests for assigned region and assist in enterprise-wide marketing initiatives as needed.
- Collaborate with the marketing team and support services to ensure effective implementation of marketing strategies
- Serve as the marketing liaison to local leadership ensuring marketing and communication needs are addressed
- Manage local marketing budget
Our ideal candidate has a minimum of four years of experience in marketing or related experience. Experience in the healthcare and/or veterinary industry is a plus but not required. In addition, this position requires:
- Four-year degree in marketing, PR or communications
- Flexibility and drive to meet tight deadlines, assist on multiple projects and prioritize them appropriately
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to develop a strong working knowledge of the veterinary industry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in WordPress, as well as ability to learn operating skills for additional website content management systems
- Exceptional writing skills, including composition, grammar and spelling
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of social networking site, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Working knowledge of digital photography
- Strong awareness of evolving social media and other community engagement tools
- Ability to work well with people at all levels of the organization
- Highly professional, strong work ethic, self-direction and integrity
- Ability to lift and carry 30-lbs, manually construct external events/booth spaces
- Position requires use of personal vehicle for delivery of marketing materials to referring hospitals, working to support all MedVet hospitals in defined region, and transporting materials to events
MedVet offers a competitive compensation and full benefits package, including paid time off, health insurance, dental, vision, uniform allowance and 401K.
All candidates must complete an acceptable background check, including references and a pre-employment drug test.