MedVet Medical & Cancer Centers for Pets is searching for a Regional Marketing Coordinator to join our team in Columbus.The Coordinator is responsible for implementing marketing and public relations strategies at the local level for our hospitals in Columbus, Dayton, Cincinnati & Lexington KY. This position requires a multifaceted individual with proven marketing experience, effective interpersonal skills, project management and planning capabilities, along with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Implementation of marketing and branding strategies
- Content generation and execution of tactics supporting local marketing and communications needs
- Management of all local marketing/PR activities, programs and communications
- Building relationships with local media and community partners to ensure the most effective messaging, positioning and visibility of the organization
- Expansion of local community awareness and program offerings
- Act as a brand steward for MedVet
- Continuously seek new opportunities to strengthen brand awareness and build industry-related relationships within community
- Routinely contribute local content to Online Content Manager and support online content manager with reputation management.
- Serve as the regional point for development of social media by driving content creation and submission under the supervision of the Online Content Manager
- Lead and manage the development and implementation of continuing education and outreach programming efforts
- Develop and fulfill all marketing materials requests for assigned region and assist in enterprise-wide marketing initiatives as needed.
- Collaborate with the marketing team and support services to ensure effective implementation of marketing strategies
- Serve as the marketing liaison to local leadership ensuring marketing and communication needs are addressed
- Manage local marketing budget
Our ideal candidate has a minimum of four years of experience in marketing or related experience. Experience in the healthcare and/or veterinary industry is a plus but not required. In addition, this position requires:
- Four-year degree in marketing, PR or communications
- Flexibility and drive to meet tight deadlines, assist on multiple projects and prioritize them appropriately
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to develop a strong working knowledge of the veterinary industry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in WordPress, as well as ability to learn operating skills for additional website content management systems
- Exceptional writing skills, including composition, grammar and spelling
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of social networking site, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Working knowledge of digital photography
- Strong awareness of evolving social media and other community engagement tools
- Must be able to travel up to 50% within region ( Columbus, Dayton, Cincinnati & Lexington KY)
- Ability to lift and carry 30-lbs, manually construct external events/booth spaces
- Position requires use of personal vehicle for delivery of marketing materials to referring hospitals, working to support all MedVet hospitals in defined region, and transporting materials to events
MedVet offers a competitive compensation and full benefits package, including paid time off, health insurance, dental, vision, uniform allowance and 401K.
All candidates must complete an acceptable background check, including references and a pre-employment drug test.